Children who wish to register with Edison International Academy, Muaither, are expected to have a good command of the English language in order to be able to fully access the National Curriculum in England Framework, which guides our teaching.
Children from all nationalities and backgrounds are welcome to apply with us, however, priority will be given to children who meet the language requirements, as well as siblings of children who are already enrolled in our school.
Initial applications are free, and can be submitted via this website. Alternatively, an application form can also be obtained from our school offices. Once the application form is completed and submitted, our Administration Office will get in touch with you to set up an appointment for an entrance assessment.
The entrance assessment for Preschool classes test children’s social and emotional readiness for school as well as their gross and fine motor skills.
Applicants for the Reception classes are tested on their language skills, their knowledge of letters and their related sounds as well as their number skills.
Children wishing to enter any year group from Year 1 to Year 8, are required to complete a test in English and Mathematics, whereas aspiring Year 9 to Year 12 students have to additionally solve a Science paper.
If your child is offered a place, the registration procedure can commence. Edison International Academy, Muaither, requires the following documentation:
- Completed Application Form
- Passport copy of child
- Passport copy of both parents
- Copy of Qatar ID of child and parents
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Latest school report and school report from the previous year
- Behaviour report (Primary and Secondary children) and Proof of Fees Payment
- 6 passport size photographs
- Immunisation Card
- Health Assessment Form from Health Centre
- A letter of Employment from Parents’ Workplace